|Position - Project Manager
Salary and benefits - Highly competitive salary plus full package, company car or car allowance, up to 7.5% matched pension, healthcare, 2x share options, up to 10% off new Kier homes and numerous retail benefits.
Location – Within 1 hours’ commute of Manchester
Kier Construction Northern is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the existing team in Manchester. Projects will be varied, including high rise residential projects, student accommodation and hotels with a height of around 14-16 stories and valued at circa £25m - £45m, as well as other projects which will require your expertise. The role requires experience of pre-construction activities and full responsibility for delivery of the projects.
* Plan the entire project delivery to meet contractual and industry standards
* Organise the resources so that suitable resources are available to deliver the project on time and defect free
* Coordinate resources across the project and delivery objectives
* Monitor the implementation of the QA system for quality control and review the program with the section managers
* Take corrective actions to improve the financial and commercial returns
* Coordinate with the commercial staff to ensure the resources, supply chain and contractual opportunities can be utilised to maximise returns
* Take action to enhance client relationships
* Monitor safety on site and feedback learning’s into the business.
* Be aware of industry initiatives and technological advances
* Plan to create a high performing teams and one where staff are given opportunities they require for their development
* Computer literacy; Outlook, Asta Power projects or similar planning software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Hold full, clean driving licence
* Gained Safety Awareness courses (CITB 5 day course – SMSTS, CDM, Crane Appointed Person, Scaffold, First Aid, Temporary Works)
* Member of a recognised professional body or qualifications e.g. MCIOB, RICS
* Be a good communicator and have the ability to work well under pressure, heading site teams
* Ideally degree qualified
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer