||Senior Operations Manager
|Senior Operations Manager
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Contract: Anglian Water
Kier Utilities is looking to recruit a Senior Operations Manager to manage the Operational Managers and operational support delivering IMDS workstreams, ensuring that best practice is embedded across all regions.
Health, Safety & Welfare
* Develop and review health and safety plan for operations – zero AFR, zero utility strikes, etc.
* Ensure close out of accidents and utility strikes and roll out lessons learnt to all areas.
* Monthly Health and Safety Review meeting/weekly Health and Safety conference call
* Implement behavioural safety programmes
* Ensure all IMDS jobs are completed in accordance with POSWSH and Water Regulations to the required water quality standards
* Implement a programme to assure well-being of our operational workforce
* Drive and ethos of excellent customer service in order to achieve 100% very satisfied customers
* Ensure the customer is considered and communicated with appropriately during all operational activity. Keep the customer informed.
* Ensure operational activities are communicated well within the communities we serve and minimize disruption.
* Conduct weekly performance and productivity reviews with Operational Managers
* Implement Performance Improvement Plans for under-performing areas – e.g. Proactive Dig and ensure consistent approach across region
* Achieve contract KPI’s and mandates
* Work with the Continuous Improvement Manager and use root cause analysis on key themes such as customer service, health and safety and productivity to aid decision making and improve performance
* Break down barriers between regions and ensure best practice is embedded across the contract in terms of health and safety, water quality, customer service, quality and commercial efficiency
* Ensure consistent communications with workforce across region – utilisation of comms cell philosophy
* Client Liaison - Build Relationships ensuring collaborative working - Best Practice across delivery routes, across partners, etc.
* Team briefs and communication meetings established. System of staff feed-back developed and implemented
* Ensure that a holistic approach is taken to resource management – getting the right resources in the right place at the correct time. Moving and sharing of resources as required.
* Ensure all processes, procedures are in place to allow contracts to be managed professionally; review delivery methodologies so they are the most efficient, effective and provide the best value.
* Reduction in sickness and absence.
* Ensure training requirements are up to date and competency checks are completed
* Review of weekly/monthly costs
* Work with the management team to produce/develop and review commercial & operational savings action plan e.g. are we on target for savings associated with reducing rework, aborts, etc.
* Align bonus arrangements for operational staff based on productivity and key targets
Transitional & Change Activities
* With HRBP, manage TUPE transfer of DS and HEMS staff
* Head recruitment of new operational staff
* Ensure that training template and skills gap analysis is completed for operations
* Design and manage trainee programme and ensure new resources move around the business and receive a balanced training programme
* Manage the process of HEMS materials transfer from incumbent contractor
* Review of current working patterns, etc. – lead any consultation process if there is a need for change
* Assist Transition Team with Reinstatement Strategy, Stores Management Strategy, Depot Strategy, etc.
* Work with Project & Programme Managers to ensure all strategic initiatives are delivered to time, cost and quality.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* 5 days SMSTS/IOSH
* A minimum of five years experience in a senior operational management role
* Knowledge of operational programmes of work
* Qualified to degree level of equivalent
* Experienced in working in an integrated environment with good communication skills
* Expert knowledge of regulatory, legal and quality standards
* Experienced in management of street works
* A strong manager of people
* Must be motivated to deliver operational excellence
* Sets high standards for health and safety and consistently maintains them
* Openly confronts performance issues
* Values and rewards collaborative working
* Capable of transforming our field operations for AMP6
* Inspires others on what can be achieved
* Responds calmly under pressure
* Manages with a high level of integrity
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
||From: 50000 To: 55000 £ GBP
||Huntingdon - Cambridgeshire - England - East Anglia
||06 Jun 2018
job advert is maintained in a searchable database. It may have been modified
or even deleted since originally posted.
the job has expired you will be notified that the page is no longer available.
You should contact the following company directly: