|Position – Senior Engineer
Salary and benefits - Competitive salary plus full package, including company car or car allowance, healthcare, matched pension totalling up to 15%, 2x share options and numerous retail discounts, plus up to 10% off new Kier homes
Location – Commutable distance from Leeds, Sheffield and York to work on projects in the surrounding areas
Kier Construction Northern is looking for a Senior Engineer to join the team in Leeds and the Yorkshire area, covering primary, secondary and higher education, student accommodation, high rise residential, healthcare, commercial, retail and public sector work.
* Assist in the preparation of ‘as-built drawings’.
* Establishing effective systems to record work completed updating the Project Quality Plan accordingly.
* To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
* Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
* Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
* Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
* Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
* Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
* Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding.
* To be aware of the provisions of the Kier Safety, Health and Environmental Management System and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment.
* Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
* Familiar with Quality Management System.
* Record instructions.
* Maintain drawing register.
* Experience within a similar position
* Excellent organisational skills with a positive can do attitude.
* Hold relevant qualification at HNC, BTEC, NVQ 4 or equivalent.
* Willingness to travel within the local area and on a regional or national basis as and when required
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer